Mastering the art of influence in marketing your business
Here are 10 guaranteed ways to get the phone ringing.
- Don’t think about what you’re selling, think about what problem your target customer might be having that you can solve and use that in your marketing message. Stop selling your solution and start promoting your benefits.
- Nothing is ever single-purpose – get creative about alternative uses and distribution methods
- Avoid “sheep mentality marketing” – build your business based on where you saw the need, not where your competitors are marketing or the style of advertising they are using. You should look to “ZIG” where they are “ZAGGING”.
- “That’s how we’ve always done it” isn’t a marketing strategy; neither is simply copying what your business cards say, if it has not worked for sometime, then it’s time for a fresh approach and change.
- First impressions matter – make sure every touch point where you are likely to engage your target customer is consistent.
- Make use of free marketing opportunities, your business card, your voice mail message and even your emails are all opportunities to impress your customers.
- Blasting your logo and business card on Facebook and other social media channels may work with friends and family but it not a long term strategy that will work. Think about adding a series of helpful how to videos and demonstrate your expertise.
- Marketing should never be boring. Connect with your customers using your personality in your messages show your human side in the end it is you who will be turning up on the job in most cases.
- Tell your story with past customer examples used that show how you can solve the needs of your prospective customers.
- Get creative with your marketing and have fun building a business that exudes your personality.
Commit to doing 6 things for 6 months consistently and measure the results that each brings. It’s a bit like trying to have a child, you don’t stop just because it didn’t work the first time!
If your stuck marketing your business why not give us a call on 1300 946 227 for a FREE initial consultation and fact find opportunity and see how we can help you get your business moving forward again.